The new marketplace demo experience provides a test environment where monday.com users can try certain workspace template apps before subscribing. With just the click of a single button, users can see the app's capabilities first-hand (and commitment-free) to help make better-informed decisions with minimal effort.
The demo experience helps create a user-friendly, secure, and efficient app selection process that benefits users and developers alike by:
- Helping users get value from your app faster
- Increasing app installations
- Building confidence in apps with insignificant ratings or installations
- Boosting your app's prominence in the marketplace
- Reducing subscription cancellations for instances where the app does not fit a user's needs
The demo experience works with any workspace template app feature, though we recommend using an optimized template that immediately highlights your app's core functionality and capabilities.
After creating a new app feature or selecting an existing one, you can set it as the demo feature in a new minor app version. This feature will be available for all users to demo in the marketplace once you promote this version to live.
Once live, the app listing card will contain a button to try the app in the testing environment. Each user will have an individual temporary test account where they can try the app for 24 hours. If two users from the same account try the demo experience, they will have two separate test accounts.
You will not be automatically enrolled in this feature and must opt-in using the steps below.
- Click your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Select Developers. This will open the Developer Center in another tab.
- Select your app and navigate to the Features tab on the left-side menu.
- Click the three dots next to the workspace template app feature you'd like to use for the demo experience.
- Select Set as demo.
Each app feature has full functionality inside the test environment to highlight what it can do.
No, unless you create a demo experience as part of your first submission to the marketplace.
No. Demo experience users have not installed the app yet or provided consent to share data with developers.
The demo experience utilizes temporary test accounts instead of user data. Users don't need to request admin approval and can begin testing immediately
We recommend measuring the conversion rate from the initial app view to installation.
Updated 25 days ago